The Data Services Visualization Studio is located in MSEL A-level in the Data Services area and provides access to visualization technologies for teaching and research in a semi-private space. The space has two main areas: a big touchscreen monitor, which can accommodate up to 10 people with tables and chairs that can be configured to meet your needs, and a VR computer and headset station, which can accommodate one person at a time.
Windows computer with an 86in 4K Interactive touchscreen monitor: The computer comes with the same software as the Data Services Lab computers. A wireless keyboard, mouse, and stylus are available for check out from the Data Services desk.
Precision Tower 5810 computer optimized for Virtual Reality and 3D processing: One of the following may be checked out at a time from the Data Services desk: Oculus Rift, Vive, and Vive Pro. The Vive comes with earbuds, but we strongly suggest bringing your own.
Using the Space
The Visualization Studio and equipment can be reserved by JHU patrons during our business hours, Mondays to Fridays 10 am to 5 pm for up to 3 hours at a time. The space can be used as a walk-in study area, as long as there is no scheduled activity. Reservations must be made at least one business day in advance. If you have any questions about using the space, email us at email@example.com.
- The Visualization Studio must be reserved at least one business day in advance. Once a reservation request is received, Data Services staff will send out a confirmation email and make arrangements to check out the equipment needed at the Data Services desk. Only at this point will the reservation be completed.
- The Visualization Studio may be reserved up to 3 hours in a day.
- The equipment and technology must be used according to the JHU Information Technology Use Policies.
- Priority for the Visualization Studio will be given to those reserving the space to use the visualization technology. When not reserved to use the visualization equipment, the room is available for walk-in open study.
- No food or eating is permitted in the Visualization Studio. Only covered drinks are allowed.
- Unplugging any of the computers and moving the clamped down power strips is not permitted.
- Any requests for additional software can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, although we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss featuring your project on either computer.