We are excited to work with you to deposit your research data!
If you are considering archiving and sharing data via Johns Hopkins Research Data Repository, please follow the steps below to start the process:
Step 1: Decide what to share
- Does your research involve human subjects? Have you fully de-identified these data? Please contact us (via firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidance on sharing your human subject data. Sharing medical research at the Johns Hopkins Research Data Repository may require approval from the Data Trust Council.
- Would you like to share software and/or analysis code?
- What is the total size of your data sets?
- Do you have proper documentation for your data? Have you attached a ReadMe file with your data?
Step 2: Contact JHU Data Services to start the process to deposit data. You will hear back from us within 2 business days.
- You will receive a deposit agreement and a deposit form from us. Please fill, sign, and return it to us.
- Deposit Agreement: Sign and return to JHU Data Services. This form states the responsibilities of JHU Data Services and researcher. If you are a student or postdoc, please have your lab’s PI sign this form.
- Deposit Form: Provides information about your data sets and/or code so we can properly document your research products.
- We will setup a JH SharePoint folder for you to upload your data files, code and documentation. If your data size is too large for an online transfer, we can arrange alternatives for transferring large datasets.
Step 3: Once you have filled out all forms and uploaded your data files, we will create a data collection for you in the Johns Hopkins Research Data Repository (We can provide data citations with DOIs If needed for publication references prior to releasing data). You will have a chance to review your data collection before we publish it online.
For more information or further questions about Johns Hopkins Research Data Repository, please refer to our FAQs or contact us directly.